Board of Directors Election Announcement
The election for Board of Directors will be Saturday, January 30, 2021. Applications for Board of Director candidates will be accepted beginning September 1, 2020; applications can be downloaded here or picked up at the Ranch office. Completed applications must be received before 5:00pm on October 30, 2020. Ballot positions will be determined by drawing at the October 31, 2020 board meeting. Voters’ list and ballots will be created on December 1, 2020 and ballots mailed no later than December 12, 2020. Ballots must be received before 5:00 pm on January 29, 2021. Candidates are reminded they must be in compliance with the By-laws Article 4.04 and a member in good standing as defined by Article 3.03.
To ensure you can vote: Is your correct address on file at the POATRI office? If you are a new property owner, have you completed the process necessary to be included as an owner in the POATRI database? Are you current on all fees and assessments? Please check the following to ensure that you can vote in the next annual January election:
- Is my correct address on file at the POATRI office?
- If I am a new property owner, have I completed the process necessary to be included as an owner in the POATRI database?
- Am I current on all my fees and assessments?
- Be sure to complete the ballot and mail the entire ballot back to the address listed on the ballot for receipt no later than 5:00 pm on January 29, 2021.
- Remember that mail delivery is not consistent during the Christmas season so mail early to ensure receipt.
- Ballots can only be received at the address printed on the ballot [PO Box 1046.] Receipt at any other address will invalidate your ballot.
- If you have not received an official ballot from POATRI by the end of December, call or contact the Terlingua Ranch office.
- Help encourage everyone to VOTE.
Voters’ List and ballots will be created sixty days prior to the election with ballots sent to the printer within five days of the ballots being created. The printer is responsible for ensuring all ballots are mailed no later than three days prior to the forty-five day cutoff. If ballots are returned with correct addresses they will be re-mailed immediately up to fifteen days prior to the close of the election. If a ballot is returned within fifteen days of the close of the election, it will NOT be re-mailed.
Please refer to the Policy and Procedure Manual, Section 1, 5. Election Process for a complete description of the election process.